Gateway professional practica provide students with real-world experience in consulting and finance & banking career fields. Students participate in a Rice University faculty-led course that involves a critical on-site experiential learning component with a partner organization. The semester culminates in students producing a final professional portfolio based on the Gateway experience.
Some highlights of the professional practica include:
- Enroll in an upper-division, Rice faculty-taught course.
- Participate in workshops, meet with experts and working professionals, and network with Rice alumni.
- Create a professional portfolio during the semester and present a final culminating project to industry experts.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Must be a declared major within the School of Social Sciences.
- Must have completed nine credit hours toward a major in the School of Social Sciences.
- International students must receive approval for On-Campus Work at an Off-Campus Site from OISS.