The Gateway Summer Fellows program offers $4,000 stipends for social sciences undergraduates who identify unique, uncompensated summer internships in the U.S. or abroad to gain first-hand experience working full-time while they build rapport with accomplished alumni and interview leaders to discover the source of inspiration behind their achievements.
Open to all non-graduating social sciences majors who have completed a minimum of 9 credit hours in their major.
- Submit application (click here for the application) and supporting attachments no later than 4:30 p.m. on February 1st to Madelon Shaw (email@example.com).
- Secure an uncompensated, minimum eight-week internship opportunity by May 1st.
- Submit internship and contact info to Social Sciences Dean's Office, attn: Madelon Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval.
- Receive award funding of $4,000; $250 of the fellowship award will be released upon completion of the following reflection reports:
- The student will be assigned an alumni contact in the city of the internship. The student will be expected to interview the alumni, plus one additional person in a leadership role either within the internship organization or local community and submit reflection reports upon their return.