The School of Social Sciences pushes the boundaries of research today with unmatched teaching and learning opportunities and prepares students to respond to tomorrow's challenges where we envision a future where all can thrive, individually and collectively.
Our giving priorities include:
- Research Innovation Fund — to support transformational social science research for faculty and students.
- Center for African and African-American Studies — this joint Center with the School of Humanities is a clearinghouse for critical conversation, instruction, cutting-edge research and community outreach in an interdisciplinary fashion.
- STaRT@Rice — Our Statistical Training and Research Techniques program connects Social Sciences students and faculty from across the School to learn innovative research methods and forge interdisciplinary connections.
- Endowed Professorships - We aim to establish five permanent endowments to help us attract exceptional scholars whose work helps build our mission to respond to tomorrow's challenges with bold societal solutions.
- Gateway — Our signature undergraduate program prepares Social Sciences students for professional careers or graduate school through internships, research, international experiences, and networking opportunities.
To explore possibilities and discuss your impact
Contact Sylvia LeBlanc, Director of Development for Social Sciences, at email@example.com or 713-348-4482.
Ways to Give
Your gift to the School of Social Sciences can take several forms and, in addition to benefiting the school and our students, may provide powerful tax or estate-planning benefits to you.
You may make a commitment to the social sciences and fund it with cash, securities, real estate or other assets.
You may pledge an amount to the gift opportunity of your choice and arrange to pay it in installments over five years.
If your employer offers a gift-matching program, you can leverage your own giving will be credited for the total amount.
Life Income Gifts
There are a number of giving vehicles that provide donors with income, flexibility and tax benefits, as well as providing a benefit to the university.
You may make a provision for the School of Social Sciences in your estate plans, assuring a legacy that lasts beyond your lifetime. Your gift also will count toward To Rice Be True, Rice’s bold new gift planning initiative. You can access that information by clicking here.
The gift planning staff at Rice University is ready to help you consider and create a philanthropic strategy that is tailored to meet your family's financial objectives while leaving a legacy at Rice University. To learn more, please visit the giftplan.rice.edu.